Jewish Feasts Fulfilled by Jesus Christ (Leviticus 23)
The days that God gave to Moses and the children of Israel are fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
1. Passover - Crucifixion - 14th of Nisan
He [Pilate] went out again unto the Jews, and said unto them, I find in him no fault at all. But you have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will you therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews (John 18:38-39)?
2. Unleavened Bread - Burial
- 15th-21st of Nisan
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us (1 Corinthians 5:7
3. Firstfruits - Resurrection
- 16th of Nisan
or day after regular Sabbath
Now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming (1 Corinthians 15:20, 23
4. Weeks/Pentecost - Law & Holy Spirit Given
- 6th of Sivan
or fifty days after regular Sabbath
The Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you (John 14:26
Since the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the giving of the Holy Spirit were fulfilled on specific feast days then the Rapture, Second Coming and reign of Jesus Christ will be fulfilled on specific feast days in the future.
5. Trumpets - Rapture
- 1st of Tishri
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump [of a hundred]: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed (1 Corinthians 15:52
6. Atonement - Second Coming
- 10th of Tishri
I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn (Zechariah 12:10).
7. Tabernacles - Birth and Reign of Jesus Christ
- 15th-21st of Tishri
It shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles (Zechariah 14:16).
* To calculate Firstfruits and Pentecost, Pharsees count from the High Sabbath but Saducees count from the regular Sabbath. According to Jewish customs of Rosh Hashanah, the shofar (rams horn trumpet) is blown one hundred times. The last trump is called the Tekiah Gedolah. Months are set by observation of the new crescent moon.